Friends > Friends category
To use this feature, you may be required to update the system software.
Send or receive messages or do chat with other PS3™ users over PlayStation®Network. You will need to create (sign up for) a PlayStation®Network account to use these features. The following icons are displayed under (Friends). The icons displayed vary depending on the conditions of use.
|Block List||View a list of people on your block list.|
|Add a Friend||Send a request to add someone to your Friends list.|
|Players Met||View a list of people you have played PlayStation®3 format online games* with. Select this icon to send a message to a player or to request to add a Friend.|
|Start New Chat||Start a chat.|
|Chat Room (Text Only)||This icon is displayed when there is a chat room for text chat. If a new chat room is added, is displayed.|
|Voice/Video Chat Room||This icon is displayed during a voice / video chat.|
|Message Box||Create new messages and view messages that you have received and sent.|
|(your online ID)||The avatar that you selected when you created your PlayStation®Network account is displayed here.|
|(Friend's name)||This icon indicates a person on your Friends list. By selecting this icon, you can send and receive messages or do chat with Friends.|
Some games may not support this feature.
- On the PS3™ system, users who are on your Friends list are called "Friends". Also, e-mails that you send or receive under (Friends) are called "messages".
- Up to 50 players can be displayed under (Players Met). After this limit is reached, the oldest entry will be automatically deleted each time a new player is added.
- To do voice chat, you will need an audio input / output device (such as a headset, sold separately). To chat with video, you will also need a USB camera (sold separately).
- You can use a compatible USB headset / Bluetooth® headset / EyeToy™ USB camera / PlayStation®Eye / USB camera compliant with USB video class (UVC) on the PS3™ system.
- When connecting a USB camera using a USB hub, use a hub that supports USB 2.0. If a hub that does not support USB 2.0 is used, image degradation may occur or the image may not be displayed.
- For information on supported peripherals and usage instructions, contact the retailer where the peripherals are sold.