Game > Game category
The following icons are displayed under (Game). The icons displayed vary depending on the conditions of use.
|PlayStation®Store||View information from PlayStation®Store.|
|Quit Game||Quit PlayStation®3 format software. This icon is only displayed during gameplay.|
|(title name)||Play a PlayStation®3 format software title. An image is displayed when the icon is selected.|
|PlayStation®2 Format Disc||Play a PlayStation®2 format software title.|
|PlayStation® Format Disc||Play a PlayStation® format software title.|
|Saved Data Utility||Copy / delete or view information on saved data for PlayStation®3 format software.|
|Memory Card Utility (PS / PS2)||Create and assign slots for internal memory cards to save data for PlayStation®2 / PlayStation® format software. You can also copy / delete or view information on the saved data.|
|Game Data Utility||Additional data can be saved for some games. You can delete or view information on the data.|
|Trophy Collection||Display trophies that you have earned from games that support the trophy feature. When you achieve certain levels or complete required tasks within the game, you can earn trophies for your accomplishments.|
|(PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®2 format software installed on the hard disk)||PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®2 format software installed on the hard disk. A thumbnail image for the game is displayed.|
|(data downloaded to the hard disk)||This icon is displayed for game or expansion data downloaded to the hard disk. When started, the data is installed.The icon varies depending on the type of data.|
- or is displayed for content restricted by parental control. The content can be played by entering a four-digit password. The password can be set under (Settings) > (Security Settings).
- If a device that is not compatible with the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard is connected to the system using an HDMI cable, video and/or audio cannot be output from the system.
- Copyright-protected Blu-ray Discs may only output at 1080p using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP standard.
- In rare instances, discs and other media may not operate properly when played on the PS3™ system. This is primarily due to variations in the manufacturing process or encoding of the software.
- Some PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software titles may perform differently on the PS3™ system than they do on PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® systems, or may not perform properly on the PS3™ system.
- Also, PlayStation®2 format software cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs], visit the SCE Web site for your region or review the documentation that was included with your PS3™ system.