Users > Users category
Create users or turn off the PS3™ system. If you create multiple users, data such as saved data for PlayStation®3 format software, messages sent and received under (Friends) and bookmarks under (Internet Browser) are maintained separately for each user. The following icons are displayed under (Users).
|Turn Off System||Turn off the PS3™ system.|
|Create New User||Create a new user.|
|(user name)||Log in to the PS3™ system.|
The following types of data stored on the hard disk are displayed regardless of which user logs in. If data is deleted, other users will also be unable to use it. Be careful not to accidentally delete important data.
- Saved data for PlayStation®2 / PlayStation® format software
- Games displayed under (Game)
- Video files displayed under (Video)
- Music files displayed under (Music)
- Image files displayed under (Photo)
- Some PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software titles may perform differently on the PS3™ system than they do on PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® systems, or may not perform properly on the PS3™ system.
- Also, PlayStation®2 format software cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs], visit the SCE Web site for your region or review the documentation that was included with your PS3™ system.