Game > Adjusting wireless controller settings
Adjusting wireless controller settings
You can adjust controller settings during gameplay. Press the PS button on the wireless controller, and then select [Controller Settings] from the screen that is displayed.
Changing to analog mode
You can change the controller mode when playing PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software. Select a mode that is supported by the software. Note that some software will automatically select the mode.
Changing the controller assignments
You can change the controller port/number assignments. If the controller port/number is specified by the software, assign the appropriate controller port/number.*
* Controller port 2-D cannot be assigned using the PS3™ system.
You can check the current controller assignments by pressing the PS button on the controller.
Setting the vibration function
You can turn the vibration function on or off. This option is available only when using a controller that supports the PS3™ system's vibration function.
- This setting is effective for all connected controllers that support the vibration function.
- If this option is set to [Off], the controller will not vibrate even if the vibration feature is turned on in the game.
- Some PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software titles may perform differently on the PS3™ system than they do on PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® systems, or may not perform properly on the PS3™ system.
- Also, PlayStation®2 format software cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs], visit the SCE Web site for your region or review the documentation that was included with your PS3™ system.