Game > Copying saved data to storage media (making a backup)
Copying saved data to storage media (making a backup)
Data that was saved to the system storage can be exported to storage media, and saved data that has been exported can be imported to the system storage. Select the saved data that you want to export or import, press the button, and then select [Copy] from the options menu. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation. It is recommended that you copy important data for backup purposes.
- Some saved data cannot be copied.
- Saved data cannot be copied during content playback using other features, such as playback of music files.
- Saved data of PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software can also be copied to a memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2) or a memory card. For details, see [Using saved data on memory cards] under (Game) > [Playing PlayStation®2 / PlayStation® format software] in this guide.
- An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models of the PS3™ system.
- Some PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software titles may perform differently on the PS3™ system than they do on PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® systems, or may not perform properly on the PS3™ system.
- PlayStation®2 format discs cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs], visit the SIE Web site for your region or review the documentation that was included with your PS3™ system.