Game > Game category
The following icons are displayed under (Game). The icons displayed vary depending on the conditions of use.
|PlayStation®Store||View information from PlayStation®Store.|
|Quit Game||Quit PlayStation®3 format software. This icon is only displayed during gameplay.|
|(title name)||Play a PlayStation®3 format software title. An image is displayed when the icon is selected.|
|PlayStation®2 Format Disc||Play a PlayStation®2 format software title.|
|PlayStation® Format Disc||Play a PlayStation® format software title.|
|Saved Data Utility (PS3™)||Copy / delete or view information on saved data for PlayStation®3 format software.|
|Saved Data Utility (minis / PSP™)||Copy / delete or view information on saved date for minis and PSP™Game software.
|Memory Card Utility||Create and assign slots for internal memory cards to save data for PlayStation®2 / PlayStation® format software. You can also copy / delete or view information on the saved data.|
|PS Vita System Application Utility||When you back up the saved data of games played on the PS Vita system, or application data (game data), from the PS Vita system to the PS3™ system, the data is saved in the PS Vita system application utility.|
|Game Data Utility||Additional data can be saved for some games. You can delete or view information on the data.|
|(PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®2 format software installed in the system storage)||PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®2 format software installed in the system storage. A thumbnail image for the game is displayed.|
|(data downloaded to the system storage)||This icon is displayed for game or expansion data downloaded to the system storage. When started, the data is installed. The icon varies depending on the type of data.
- or is displayed for content restricted by parental control. The content can be played by entering a four-digit password. The password can be set under (Settings) > (Security Settings).
- If a device that is not compatible with the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard is connected to the system using an HDMI cable, video and/or audio cannot be output from the system.
- Copyright-protected content on a Blu-ray Disc can only be output at 1080p when using an HDMI cable connected to a device that is compatible with the HDCP standard.
- In rare instances, discs and other media may not operate properly when played on the PS3™ system. This is primarily due to variations in the manufacturing process or encoding of the software.
- Some PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® format software titles may perform differently on the PS3™ system than they do on PlayStation®2 or PlayStation® systems, or may not perform properly on the PS3™ system.
- PlayStation®2 format discs cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs], visit the SIE Web site for your region or review the documentation that was included with your PS3™ system.