Music > Obtaining or editing audio CD information
Obtaining or editing audio CD information
Obtaining audio CD information
When you insert an audio CD, the PS3™ system automatically connects to the Internet and obtains CD information. To obtain CD information, you must first accept the user agreement that is displayed on the screen.
- You can also obtain CD information from the options menu. With the CD icon selected, press the button, and then select [Obtain CD Information]. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
- If you have not obtained CD information, detailed album and track names will not be displayed when you insert a CD in the system.
Editing audio CD information
You can edit the CD information that was obtained. With the audio CD or track icon selected, press the button and then select [Information] from the options menu. Select the item that you want to edit.
- You can also send modified information over the Internet to the All Media Guide company if the CD information that was automatically obtained by the PS3™ system is not correct. Select the icon of the audio CD icon, press the button and then select [Send CD Information] from the options menu.
- All Media Guide is a company that provides a CD information database.
- You cannot send information to All Media Guide if the [Album], [Artist] and [Genre] fields do not contain any information.
- You cannot change or send CD information for Super Audio CDs.
Super Audio CDs cannot be played on some PS3™ systems. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs].