This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStation®Plus members.
When this setting is [On], the PS3™ system will automatically start at the specified time, perform the specified operations, and then turn off.
|Off||Set to not use the automatic update feature|
|On||Set to use the automatic update feature|
You can select automatic updating operations for the following items.
- Download game patches
- Download the latest system software
- Download recommended games and videos*
- Sync trophy information with the server
* This feature may not be available in your country or region.
- Set [Upload saved data to online storage] for each game. For details on setting this item, see (Game) > [Playing PlayStation®3 format software] > [Using saved data] in this guide.
- After selecting [On], use the directional buttons to select the time period during which you want the automatic update to be performed. Follow the on-screen instructions if a screen appears asking you to verify the settings for your automatic sign-in to PlayStation®Network.
- This feature can be used on only one PS3™ system per Sony Entertainment Network account. If the automatic update feature is set to [On] on two or more PS3™ systems on the same account, it will remain [On] on the last system set and will be automatically turned [Off] on all of the other systems.
- The PS3™ system must be in standby mode (power indicator is lit solid red) during the time period when you want the system to perform the automatic update.
- System software update data will be downloaded automatically but not installed. You must install the system software update data manually.
- is displayed for content that has been automatically downloaded. Any content that has been automatically downloaded and installed but has not been used will be automatically deleted after one month.
- Even if [Automatic Update] is set to [On], content will not be downloaded if the amount of free space in the system storage is less than 5 GB.
- Set to [Off] to cancel all selected automatic update options.