Internet Connection Test
Test the Internet connection and view the results.
|Obtain IP Address||Check whether an IP address has been obtained.|
|Internet Connection||Check whether a connection to the Internet has been established.|
|PlayStation®Network*||Check whether you are able to sign in to PlayStation®Network.|
|UPnP*||Check the status of UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).
Available: You can use UPnP.
Not Available: You cannot use UPnP.
Disabled: UPnP has been disabled in the network settings of the PS3™ system.
|NAT Type*||Check how the PS3™ system is connected to the Internet. This information can be used to judge the ease or difficulty of connecting to other PS3™ systems when using voice / video chat or the communication features of games.
Type 1: Connected directly to the Internet
Type 2: Connected to the Internet via a router
Type 3: Connected to the Internet via a router
With type 3, it may not be possible to communicate with other PS3™ systems, and voice / video chat and the communication features of games may be restricted. In this case, see [Connecting to PlayStation®Network] in this guide.
|Connection Speed (Download)||Check the connection speed at which the PS3™ system downloads data from the Internet.|
|Connection Speed (Upload)||Check the connection speed at which the PS3™ system uploads data to the Internet, such as transmission of a message.|
Displayed only if you have created (signed up for) a Sony Entertainment Network account.
- If [Failed] is displayed for [Obtain IP Address] or [Internet Connection], follow the on-screen instructions to check the network settings. You can adjust network settings under (Settings) > (Network Settings) > [Internet Connection Settings]. For details on the required settings, refer to the information from your Internet service provider or the instructions supplied with the network device.
- You have created (signed up for) a Sony Entertainment Network account under (PlayStation®Network) > (Sign Up).
- If [None] is displayed for [UPnP], either the network device in use does not support UPnP or UPnP may be disabled in your network settings. For more information, refer to the instructions supplied with the network device.
- If [Type 3] is displayed under [NAT Type], the PS3™ system or the network device may not be enabled to use UPnP. Check the [UPnP] item.
- A router is a device that allows multiple devices to connect to a single Internet line.
Connecting to PlayStation®Network
When using PlayStation®Network in an office or a housing complex, security features such as a firewall may block the communications. In this case, refer to the following instructions.
In PlayStation®Network, you can communicate with PlayStation®Network servers on the Internet or directly with other PS3™ systems. Communication with PlayStation®Network servers on the Internet is done mainly when:
- Signing in / signing out
- Using your Friends list or block list
- Exchanging messages
- Using (PlayStation®Store)
The port numbers for PlayStation®Network servers used for this are TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, 8080 and UDP: 3478, 3479.
For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658. However, you may need to use a different port number when you are connected using a NAT router.
- When you are using a router, direct communication with other PS3™ systems may be restricted depending on the type of router and its settings. When using a UPnP-compatible router, enable the UPnP feature.
- Communication may be restricted by routers and security functions provided by Internet service providers. Refer to the instructions supplied with the network device and the information from your Internet service provider.