Control for HDMI
This feature is available starting with the CECH-2000 series of the PS3™ system.
You can use the remote control for a BRAVIA™ TV (a Sony Corporation product) to operate the PS3™ system. The TV must support the BRAVIA™ Sync function and the PS3™ system must be connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. To activate this feature, set [Control for HDMI] to [On].
||Disable the Control for HDMI feature.
||Enable the Control for HDMI feature.
Main Bravia TV functions that can be performed on the PS3™ system
|One Touch Play
||Turning on the PS3™ system will cause the connected TV to be turned on, and the video input for the PS3™ system to be selected automatically.
Main PS3™ system functions that can be performed on the Bravia TV
|One Touch Play
||Pressing the LINK button on the remote control for the TV and selecting [PS3™] from the TV menu will cause the PS3™ system to be turned on.
|Operating the menu with the remote control
||The remote control for the TV can be used to operate some PS3™ system features.
|Turning off connected devices at the same time
||Turning off the TV will cause the connected PS3™ system to be turned off (enter standby mode).
- BRAVIA™ Sync features that are available vary depending on the TV in use. For more information, refer to the instruction manual for the TV.
- Even when [On] is selected, this feature may not be available in the following cases:
- - When using certain features of the PS3™ system, such as gameplay or video playback.
- - When the PS3™ system is not selected as the input source for the TV.
- BRAVIA™ Sync (Control for HDMI) is a feature that enables interoperability of connected devices using the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) specification, which is part of the HDMI specification. This feature is available only on Sony devices that support Control for HDMI. Products developed by other companies that support the CEC specification may be operable using Control for HDMI, but there is no guarantee that all features are compatible with these products.