Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr Super-White (HDMI)
Adjust output settings for TVs that support Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr input signals. Super-white signal can be output when playing a DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), or AVCHD-format video. This setting is for use when the TV is connected to the PS3™ system using an HDMI cable.
|Off||Disable super-white output.|
|On||Enable super-white output.|
- If image quality is reduced or the image does not look right when this option is set to [On], set to [Off].
- [Automatic] or [Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr] must be selected in [BD / DVD - Video Output Format (HDMI)] under (Settings) > (Video Settings). *
* When [Automatic] is set, the TV in use must support a Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr input signal.
About x.v.Color / x.v.Colour
When this function is set to [On], content from AVCHD-format video files recorded in x.v.Color / x.v.Colour can be played with a wide color scale.
x.v.Color / x.v.Colour is a trademark proposed by Sony as the name to be assigned to devices that support "xvYCC," which is an international standard for color space in moving images. An advantage of x.v.Color / x.v.Colour is that it can reproduce a wider color scale than the conventional standard.
- A TV that is compatible with x.v.Color / x.v.Colour must be connected via an HDMI cable
- Content from an AVCHD-format video file recorded in x.v.Color / x.v.Colour is required to use this setting.