PlayStation™Network > Trophy Collection
You can earn trophies when you accomplish certain objectives in games that support the trophy feature. The trophies that you have earned are saved on your PS3™ system.
Types of trophies
Trophies are categorized into four grades. In general, grades are based on the level of difficulty in earning the trophies. The types of trophies available and the conditions by which you can earn trophies vary depending on the game.
Checking your trophy collection
Select (PlayStation™Network) > (Trophy Collection).
Select the game that you want to check.
Saving your trophy information on the PSNSM server
If you signed up for a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can save information about the trophies you have earned on the PSNSM server. You must be signed in to PSNSM to save the information on the server or check your saved trophy information.
Trophy information is automatically saved on the PSNSM server under the following conditions:
- When you select (PlayStation™Network) > (Trophy Collection)
- When you select (Compare Trophies) under (Friends) > [Profile]
- When you are signed in to PSNSM with an account that is linked to your PlayStation®4 system or PlayStation®Vita system, you can also view trophies you earned on those systems.
- Sign in to PSNSM, select (Trophy Collection) under (PlayStation™Network), press button, and then select [Switch Modes] from the options menu to switch to [Offline Mode]. In [Offline Mode], you can check trophy information saved on your PS3™ system.
- When a game is downloaded as a full-game trial (a PlayStation®Plus service), trophies that you earn in the game are not saved on the PSNSM server. If you purchase the game, the trophies you earned before purchase will be saved on the PSNSM server.
Controlling the group of players who can see the trophies you earned
You can control the group of players who can see the trophies you earned by going to (PlayStation™Network) > [Account Management] > [Privacy Settings].
You can adjust for each game whether to show the trophies you earned. Go to (PlayStation™Network) > (Trophy Collection) to select the game you want to set, press the button, and then select [Privacy Settings] from the options menu. Deselect [Show Trophies for This Game] to hide trophy information only for the games you selected.
- When [No One] is selected under the trophy disclosure settings under (PlayStation™Network) > [Account Management] > [Privacy Settings], this setting is prioritized. Even when the checkmark is set in the [Show Trophies for This Game] checkbox for each game, the trophy information is not shared.
- When your trophy information is kept private, it will appear to other players as if you have not earned trophies.
- You cannot select a different disclosure range for each game.
Comparing earned trophy status with friends
You can compare earned trophy status with your friends under (Friends).
For details, see (Friends) > [Friends list] > [Viewing profiles].