Logging in and logging out
Up to four users can log in to your PS4™ system at the same time. When multiple users are logged in and a user presses the PS button on the controller, that user's home screen appears.
You'll need to select a user when you turn on your PS4™ system or when you connect a controller. To log in, select a user and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Select [New User] to create a new user and log in, or log in as a guest.
- When you connect a controller, the light bar will glow in a uniquely assigned color. The color that is assigned depends on the order in which the controller is connected. The first controller connected is blue, the second is red, the third is green, and the fourth is pink.
- Your PS4™ system can automatically log you in. You can also set a passcode that will be required when you log in. For details, see "Login Settings".
- Your PS4™ system can automatically log you in by face recognition, using previously saved face data. When you select the checkbox for (Settings) > [Users] > [Login Settings] > [Enable Face Recognition], the system uses the camera to recognize you and automatically log you in.
If you want to log in as a user who has not added face data, or if you want to log in as a new user, exit the face recognition screen and select the appropriate user.
- Log in with your status appearing offline by pressing the OPTIONS button and then selecting [Log In With Online Status [Appear Offline]]. You will appear offline to Friends and other players and will no longer be listed in activities and (Now Playing).
Log out of your PS4™ system in one of the following ways. To log out, you must use your own controller.
- Select (Power) from the function screen, and then select [Log Out of PS4].
- Press and hold the PS button, and then select [Log Out of PS4] from the quick menu that appears.
- When you turn off your system or put your system in rest mode, all users are logged out.
- You can assign a device to another user without logging out by selecting [Switch User].