Playing a downloaded game
You can purchase games and game add-ons from PlayStation®Store. You can also download free trial versions of the latest releases. PlayStation®Store is the online store for PlayStation™Network.
The basic operations are the same as those for a game on a disc. You can start the game after a portion of the game data has been downloaded. The remaining data will be downloaded in the background as you play the game. To download a game, follow these steps:
- Select (PlayStation®Store) from the content area.
- Select the content you want to download, and then select [Add to Cart].
- Select [Proceed to Checkout], and then select [Confirm Purchase].
You must add funds to your wallet to purchase paid content. For details, see "Account Information".
- Select [Download All].
Games that you download appear in the content area. When [Start] appears, you can start the game.
- The buttons that appear and the required steps vary depending on the type of content.
- PlayStation®Store is only available in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. Also, the types of content and services that are provided vary depending on the country or region of residence. For details, contact customer support in your country or region.
- You can also check the progress of downloads under (Notifications) > [Downloads].
- Some content can be downloaded again. To check, select (Library) in the content area.