Playing a downloaded game
You can buy and download games and game add-ons from PlayStation®Store – the online store for PlayStation™Network. Some games have free trial versions for you to try before you buy, and some games are free to play.
You play a downloaded game the same way you play a game on a disc. It's possible to start playing a game before the entire game has completely downloaded. The remaining data will be downloaded in the background as you play the game. To download a game, follow these steps:
- Select (PlayStation Store) from the content area.
- Select the content you want to download, and then select [Add to Cart].
- Select [Proceed to Checkout], and then select [Confirm Purchase].
You must add funds to your wallet to purchase content. For details, see "Account Information".
- Select [Download All].
Games that you download appear in the content area. When [Start] appears, you can start the game.
- The buttons that appear and the required steps vary depending on the type of content.
- PlayStation®Store is available only in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. Also, the types of content and services that are provided vary depending on the country or region of residence. For details, visit the customer support website for your country or region.
- To view the progress of downloads, select (Notifications) > [Downloads] from the function screen.
- You can download some deleted content again. To confirm whether your game is downloadable again, select (Library) > [Purchased] in the content area.