Listening to music on a USB storage device
Your PS4™ system can play music files from a USB storage device. You can listen to music in the background without interrupting games, the Internet Browser, or other applications.
- Use your computer to create a folder called "Music" on the USB storage device.
- Copy your music files to the "Music" folder.
- Connect the USB storage device to your PS4™ system.
- Select (Library) in the content area.
- Select (USB Music Player) in the content area.
- Select the music you want to play.
To play all of the music in the folder, highlight the folder, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Play].
- FAT and exFAT formatted USB storage devices are supported.
- Be sure to fully insert the USB storage device into the USB port. Some devices are not compatible due to shape or design.
- Depending on the state of the application or the system, playback might not be possible.
- To set (USB Music Player) as your default music application, highlight (USB Music Player) in the content area, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Use for Music Playback from USB].
- Background music during gameplay is not included in video clips.
What’s on the screen
- A )
- Information on the song playing
- B )
- Elapsed time/total time
- C )
- Operation icons
Play Pause / Shuffle/Repeat Adjust volume
To pause playback, adjust the volume, or change other settings while playing content, select [USB Music Player] on the quick menu.
Supported file types
- It might not be possible to play some files due to their data type or file size.
- This application will not play copyright-protected music files.
- Some types of content distributed over the Internet and by other means have playback restrictions. For details, contact the content provider.