Sign In to PlayStation™Network
PlayStation™Network is an online service that lets you expand your enjoyment of your PS4™ system. When you sign in to PlayStation™Network, you can use a wide variety of features and services.
To sign in to PlayStation™Network, you must have a Sony Entertainment Network account and an Internet connection. Creating an account is free. You can also use an account on your PS4™ system that was created using another device, such as a PlayStation®3 system or a PS Vita system.
- PlayStation™Network is available only in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. For details, contact customer support in your country or region.
- After you sign in, you remain signed in until you manually sign out.
- After your first sign in to PlayStation™Network, the username displayed changes to the real name registered with your account.
When using an account that has been created on another device
Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Sign In to PlayStation™Network], and then follow the screens to sign in.
When creating a new account
Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Sign In to PlayStation™Network] > [New to PlayStation™Network? Create an Account], and then follow the screens to create a new account.
To create an account, enter an email address and personal information for the person registering the account, such as date of birth, real name, and address. Refer to "Data Handling/Health & Safety" or the website for your country or region for information about how this personal information is handled.
Types of accounts
There are master accounts and sub accounts.
- Master account
This is a standard account that can be created by users at or above a certain age. The master account holder can also set the conditions for the use of its sub accounts.
- Sub account
This is an account that can be used by users at or below a certain age. Under the supervision of the master account holder, the sub account holder can do things like use the master account wallet to purchase paid content. For this type of account, the use of certain features is restricted.
A sub account cannot be created without a master account.
- The requirements for using master accounts and sub accounts differ depending on the country or region. For details, refer to the website for your country or region.
- You can upgrade a sub account to a master account when the sub account user becomes old enough to create a master account. Log in as a sub account user, and then select (Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Upgrade Your Account].