Sub Account Management
This feature is available to master account holders only. You can create or view sub accounts, and change the usage restrictions separately for each of them.
Create New Sub Account
Select (Settings) > [Parental Controls] > [Sub Account Management], and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your sign-in information. Select [Create New Sub Account], and then follow the on-screen instructions to create the account.
- After an account is created, you'll receive a message at the email address you registered for your account. Follow the instructions in the message to complete the confirmation process.
- Depending on the child's age, you may first receive a message at the email address registered for the master account. Follow the instructions in the message to complete the process of creating a sub account. After a sub account is created, you'll receive a message at the email address you registered for the sub account. Follow the instructions in the message to complete the confirmation process.
Viewing and changing usage restrictions
Select (Settings) > [Parental Controls] > [Sub Account Management], and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your sign-in information. Select the account that you want to view or change usage restrictions for.
Restricting the use of features
Select [Parental Controls] to set restrictions for the following features.
Use this setting to block the sub account from communicating over PlayStation™Network. Select [Block] to disable these features:
- Joining a chat in a game.*
- Sending and receiving messages in games.* (This setting does not apply to messages with preset phrases that cannot be edited by players.)
- Joining a (Party).
- Sending and receiving messages in (Messages).
- Displaying and entering comments for Friend requests and game invitations.
- If multiple users are logged in to a single PS4™ system and playing the same game, and one or more of those users is restricted, all users are restricted from using chat and messaging features.
- User-Generated Media
Use this setting to block viewing and sharing of user-created content over PlayStation™Network. Some examples of user-generated content are as follows.
- Video clips (videos of gameplay)
- Broadcasts (streamed gameplay)
- Content that users can create in games
- Text that users can enter freely, such as comments about activities and self-introductions in users' profiles
- Content Restriction
By default, PlayStation®Store hides age-inappropriate content. Select [Off] to disable this restriction. [Off] means your child can see PlayStation®Store content for any age.
- Monthly Spending Limit
You can set the maximum amount of money that each sub account user can spend per month in PlayStation®Store.
Changing the password
If you select [Sub Account Password], the sub account user's password for signing in to PlayStation™Network can be changed.
- The items that can be viewed and changed vary depending on the country or region. For details, visit the customer support website for your country or region.
- A sub account can be upgraded to a master account when the sub account user becomes old enough. The sub account user needs to log in, and then select (Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Upgrade Your Account].