Sub Account Management
You can create or view sub accounts, and change the usage restrictions separately for each of them. For information about account types, see "PlayStation™Network".
This feature is available to master account holders only.
Create New Sub Account
Select (Settings) > [Parental Controls] > [Sub Account Management], and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your sign-in information. Select [Create New Sub Account], and then follow the on-screen instructions to create the account.
- After an account is created, you'll receive a message at the email address you registered for your account. Follow the instructions in the message to complete the confirmation process.
- Depending on the child's age, you may first receive a message at the email address registered for the master account. Follow the instructions in the message to complete the process of creating a sub account. After a sub account is created, you'll receive a message at the email address you registered for the sub account. Follow the instructions in the message to complete the confirmation process.
Viewing and changing usage restrictions
Select (Settings) > [Parental Controls] > [Sub Account Management], and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your sign-in information. Select the account that you want to view or change usage restrictions for.
Restricting the use of features
Select [Parental Controls] to set restrictions for these features.
Use this setting to block the sub account from communicating over PlayStation™Network. Select [Block] to disable these features:
- Joining a chat in a game.*
- Sending and receiving messages in games.* (This setting does not apply to messages with preset phrases that cannot be edited by players.)
- Joining a (Party).
- Sending and receiving messages in (Messages).
- Displaying and entering comments for Friend requests and game invitations.
- If multiple users are logged in to a single PS4™ system and playing the same game, and one or more of those users is restricted, all users are restricted from using chat and messaging features.
- User-Generated Media
Use this setting to block viewing and sharing of user-created content over PlayStation™Network. Some examples of user-generated content are as follows.
- Video clips (videos of gameplay)
- Broadcasts (streamed gameplay)
- Content that users can create in games
- Text that users can enter freely, such as comments about activities and self-introductions in users' profiles
- Content Restriction
By default, PlayStation®Store hides age-inappropriate content. Select [Off] to disable this restriction. [Off] means your child can view PlayStation®Store content for any age.
- Monthly Spending Limit
You can set the maximum amount of money that each sub account user can spend per month in PlayStation®Store.
Changing the password
If you select [Sub Account Password], the sub account user's password for signing in to PlayStation™Network can be changed.
- The items that can be viewed and changed vary depending on the country or region. For details, visit the customer support website for your country or region.
- A sub account can be upgraded to a master account when the sub account user becomes old enough. The sub account user needs to log in, and then select (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Upgrade Your Account].