System Software Update
By updating the system software of the PS4™ system, you can use various additional features and have enhanced security. Always update to the latest version.
When you select [System Software Update], the PS4™ system automatically checks over the Internet if you have the latest version of the system software. If there is an update file for a later version, it is downloaded to the system.
You can perform other actions while downloading. When downloading is complete, a notification message is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen. Select the message under (Notifications) > [Downloads] from the function area, and then follow the screens to perform the installation.
- Do not turn off the PS4™ system during the installation. Interrupting the installation can cause the system to be damaged.
- You might not be able to use some applications or content without updating the system software.
- Update files might also be included on game discs. When you play a disc that contains a more recent version of the system software, a screen will be displayed to guide you through the update process. Follow the screens to perform the update.
- You can also use an update file that is stored on a USB storage device to update the system software. For details, contact customer support in your country or region.
- If you are logged in as a guest, you cannot perform updates.