Copying music files to Memory Stick™ media or to the system storage
Copying a file manually
Copy the music file to Memory Stick™ media or to the system storage to enable the file to be played on the PSP™ system. Using a PC, create a folder named “MUSIC” on the Memory Stick™ media or in the system storage, and then copy the file into that folder.
- For a list of file types that can be played on the PSP™ system, see [Files that can be played] in this guide.
- You can create folders within the MUSIC folder (Figure 1). The system will treat it as a group.
- The PSP™ system can recognize subfolders up to the second level under [MUSIC] (Figure 2).
- If you want to specify the order of the tracks, create an m3u file specifying the order in the folder. The system displays the file as an (m3u) icon and treats it as a group.
- If the MUSIC folder is created within a folder named "PSP" on the Memory Stick™ media or in the system storage, music files saved within the MUSIC folder will also be recognized.
- When copying files from the PS3™ system to the he Memory Stick™ media or to the system storage, the MUSIC folder is created automatically.
- Take care not to infringe the intellectual property of others.
Copying a file using compatible software
When using PC software such as "Media Go" (a Sony Network Entertainment International LLC product), the [MUSIC] folder is automatically created when a file is copied to Memory Stick™ media or to the system storage.
Music files can also be downloaded from Web sites. For details, contact the service provider.