Using a commercially available USB cable, you can connect the PSP™ system to external devices such as the following:
- A personal computer (PC) with an operating system that supports USB mass storage class, such as Windows® or Mac OS.
- A device that allows a USB connection to the PSP™ system, such as an HDD recorder or the PS3™ system.
Connect the USB cable to the system and to the device.
Select (USB Connection) under (Settings).
- You can connect the USB cable to the system and to the device without turning off the power. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with the connected device.
- When a PSP-2000/3000/N1000/E1000 series system is used, USB charging begins when the system is connected to an external device.
- If a PSP-2000/3000/N1000/E1000 series system is not recognized by an external USB device, you may be able to correct this by setting [USB Charge] to [Off] under (Settings) > (System Settings).
Do not format Memory Stick™ media on a PC, as it may no longer be recognized by the PSP™ system.