Copying music, images, and videos to and from a PS3™ system
Copy music, images and videos on your system to or from a PS3™ system.
Before performing this procedure, you need to do the following:
- For a PCH-1000 series system, insert a memory card for the PS Vita system.
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account with your system.
- Sign in to PSNSM on your PS3™ system.
To use the Content Manager application, you must sign in using the same account on your PS3™ system and your system.
- On your PS3™ system, close all open applications and select (Users).
- On your system, select (Content Manager) > [Copy Content].
- Select (PS3™), and then select (USB cable) or (Wi-Fi).
When you first connect using Wi-Fi, you must register your PS3™ system with this system. For details, see "Transferring data to and from a PS3™ system using Wi-Fi".
- Select either [ PS3™ System → PS Vita System] or [ PS Vita System → PS3™System].
- Select [Videos], [Music] or [Photos] to select the kind of content to copy.
- Select the checkboxes of the content you want to copy, and then select [Copy].
- This is an example for Music:
- You can also copy content using the (Videos), (Music) and (Photos) applications.
- Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
- Of the video content that is downloaded from PlayStation®Store to the PS3™ system, only SD video content can be copied to your system.
- Rental video available on PlayStation®Store is copy-prohibited. Copy-prohibited content can only be moved. If you move the copy-prohibited content, the content is deleted from the source.
- (Age restricted content) can be copied, but parental controls must either be off or set appropriately to play the content at the destination of the copy.
- Some types of content cannot be copied.
- Take care not to infringe the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of others.
Copying the entire folder
When you are managing photos and video in a folder on your PS3™ system, you can copy the entire folder to your system.
In step 5 of "Copying music, images, and videos to and from a PS3™ system", select [Cancel] > (Back), and then select (Folders) > (Options) > [Copy].
- When content is selected from a folder and copied to your system, a folder with an identical name will be created.
- An entire folder that was copied to your system cannot be copied back to a PS3™ system.