In (Group Messaging) the first step is to create a group of people to exchange messages with.
- To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your PS Vita system.
- To send a message, you need to know the online IDs of the players to whom you plan to send the message. Before sending a message, get the online IDs of the intended recipients.
- You can send a message to a group of from 1 to 16 recipients.
- When you tap (Group Messaging) on a profile screen in (Friends), you can only send messages to the selected person.
- You can exchange messages with users who are using PS3™ systems. Messages sent from PS3™ systems are identified by the message "Sent from a PS3™ system".
- You can send and receive messages with attached files only between PS Vita systems.
- Tap (Group Messaging) > [Start] to go to the screen for creating a new message.
- Tap (Options) > [Create Message].
- Enter the online ID of the player to whom you want to send the message.
The avatar and online ID for each person appears in the list of recipients. To send the message to multiple players, repeat this step.
- If you tap (Friends / Shared Play History), a list of your friends and players in your shared play history appears and you can select and add players as recipients without entering their online ID.
- To include someone in a group who is not yet a friend, tap that person's avatar to display his or her profile screen, from which you can send a friend request.
- When you have finished choosing recipients, tap [OK].
- Tap in the [Create Message] text-entry field to enter your message, and then tap [Send].
Your message is sent to the members of the group.
- Messages are limited to 512 characters.
- At most the latest 30 groups are displayed on the screen that lists groups.