This feature is not available for some models sold in specific countries and regions.
Sign up for Sony Entertainment Network from your PS Vita system.
This section explains how to create a new account for the first time. To use an account on your PS Vita system that you created previously on a different device, see "Using an existing account" or "Linking an account via a PS3™ system or a computer".
Types of accounts
There are two types of accounts–master accounts and sub accounts.
- Master account
A master account is the standard account. Users above a certain age who sign up receive a master account. The master account holder can also create sub accounts and set the conditions for their use.
- Sub account
A sub account is for users under a certain age, Sub accounts are used under the supervision of a master account holder. For example, the master account wallet is used to purchase paid content. A master account is needed to create a sub account.
- The requirements for using master accounts and sub accounts differ depending on the country or region. For details, consult the website for your region.
- When creating a sub account, a computer might be required, depending on the age of the user. When creating a sub account, an email message is sent to the email address of the master account holder. The master account holder must complete account registration on a computer, following the instructions in the email message.
Information you provide when creating an account
When signing up for an account, you must enter personal information for the person registering the account, including an email address, date of birth, name and address. Consult the website for your region for information about how this personal information is handled.
Perform this procedure in a location where you can connect your PS Vita system to the Internet.
- Tap (Settings) > [Start] > [PlayStation®Network] > [Sign Up].
If you are already signed up on your PS Vita system, [Sign Up] does not appear.
- Tap [Create a New Account] and follow the on-screen instructions.
Your sign-in ID and password are saved on your PS Vita system.
- You remain signed in to PlayStation®Network unless, for example, you sign out manually. This gives you easier access to the online features.
- If your system cannot connect to a network, then your system might sign you out.