Remote play in a private network (using the PS3™ system's Wi-Fi network)
If the PS3™ system has Wi-Fi network capability, you can connect your system and the PS3™ system directly using the Wi-Fi network capabilities of both systems.
Preparing for first-time use
Registering your system with the PS3™ system
Perform this procedure with your system near the PS3™ system.
- On the PS3™ system, select (Settings) > [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device] > [PS Vita System].
A number appears on the screen.
- On your system, select (PS3 Remote Play) > [Start] > [Next].
- Enter the number displayed on the PS3™ system's screen, and then select [Register].
When the devices connect successfully, a message indicating that the registration is complete appears.
- Select [OK] on the PS3™ system.
You can play remotely within the range where your system can communicate with the PS3™system's Wi-Fi network. Use your system close enough to the PS3™ system for good signal reception.
- On your system, select (PS3 Remote Play) > [Start].
When using PS3 Remote Play for the first time, a message informs you that it is necessary to register your system with the PS3™ system. If you see this message, perform the registration.
- On the PS3™ system, select (Network) > (Remote Play).
The PS3™ system waits for your system to establish the remote play connection.
- On your system, select [Connect via Private Network].
When the devices connect successfully, the PS3™ system's screen appears on your system.
- If you enable remote start on the PS3™ system, you can use remote play when the PS3™ system is in standby mode. For details, see (Settings) > [Remote Play Settings] > [Remote Start] in the PS3™ system's user's guide.
- When you are playing remotely using the Wi-Fi network of the PS3™ system, you cannot connect to the Internet on your system.
- During remote play, if you go to the screen for a different application, the remote play connection is closed after 30 seconds.