PlayStation™Music is a music service from PlayStation™Network. With PlayStation™Music, you can use the music streaming service, Spotify®. For details on Spotify®, visit this website.
- PlayStation™Music is available only in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. Also, the types of content and services that are provided vary depending on the country or region of residence.
- Some content and services are available only for purchase. For details on PlayStation™Store purchases, see "Account Information".
Listening to music
Select [Spotify] from the content area. When using Spotify® for the first time on your PS4™ system, you must enter your Spotify® account information. If you don't have an account, follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
You can also listen to music in the background while playing games or when using applications such as the Internet Browser.
- Depending on the state of the application or system, playback might not be possible.
- Background music during gameplay is not included in video clips.
- To pause playback, adjust the volume, or change other settings while playing content, select [Spotify] on the quick menu.
Using Spotify® Connect
With the Spotify® application installed on your smartphone or other mobile device, you can use the Spotify® Connect feature to link to your PS4™ system over the same network. This will allow you to operate your PS4™ system remotely to play music from Spotify®. For details, visit the Spotify® website.
You can also use your smartphone or other mobile device over a network to start a PS4™ system that has been linked via Spotify® Connect. Select [Spotify] from your PS4™ system’s content area to configure settings for the device.