Sub Account Management
You can create sub accounts, and change or view the account information and usage restrictions separately for each of them.
This feature is available only to master account holders. For information about account types, see "PlayStation™Network".
Adding a child
Select (Settings) > [Parental Controls] > [Sub Account Management], and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your sign-in information. Select [Add Child], and then follow the on-screen instructions to create a sub account. After the sub account is created, your child will be added as a user.
- Depending on your child's age, a message may appear asking if you want to allow your child to join PlayStation™Network. As a parent or guardian, you can limit access to online features before allowing your child to join PlayStation™Network.
- You can still add your child as a user even if you don’t allow your child to join PlayStation™Network.
Viewing or changing account information and usage restrictions
Select (Settings) > [Parental Controls] > [Sub Account Management], and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your sign-in information. Select your child’s account to view or change the following items.
Use this setting to block the sub account user from communicating over PlayStation™Network. Select [Block] to disable these features:
- Joining a chat in a game.*
- Sending and receiving messages in games.* (This setting does not apply to messages with preset phrases that cannot be edited by players.)
- Joining a (Party).
- Sending and receiving messages in (Messages).
- Displaying and entering comments for Friend requests and game invitations.
- If multiple users are logged in to a single PS4™ system and playing the same game, and one or more of those users is restricted, all users are restricted from using chat and messaging features.
- User-Generated Media
Use this setting to block viewing and sharing of user-generated content over PlayStation™Network. Some examples of user-generated content are as follows.
- Video clips (videos of gameplay)
- Broadcasts (streamed gameplay)
- Content that users can create in games
- Text that users can enter freely, such as comments about activities and self-introductions in users' profiles
- Content Restriction
By default, PlayStation®Store hides age-inappropriate content. Select [Off] to disable this restriction. [Off] means your child can view PlayStation®Store content for any age.
- Monthly Spending Limit
You can set the maximum amount of money that each sub account user can spend per month in PlayStation®Store.
View your child's account information. After your child signs in to PlayStation™Network, you can view information such as the child’s sign-in ID.
Change the password your child uses to sign in to PlayStation™Network.
Block from Joining PlayStation Network
Withdraw permission for your child to join PlayStation™Network. You must do this before your child signs in for the first time.
Allow to Join PlayStation Network
Allow your child to join PlayStation™Network.
Delete Child's User Profile
Delete the user profile of a child who hasn’t been allowed to join PlayStation™Network, or who doesn’t yet have a Sony Entertainment Network account.
- The items that can be viewed or changed vary depending on the country or region, or the status of your child’s account. For details, visit the customer support website for your country or region.
- A sub account can be upgraded to a master account when the sub account user becomes old enough. Log in as the sub account user, and then select (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Upgrade Your Account].