Copying music, images, and videos to and from a PS3™ system
Copy music, images and videos on your PS Vita system to or from a PS3™ system.
Before performing this procedure, you need to do the following:
- Insert the memory card for the PS Vita system into your PS Vita system.
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account with your PS Vita system.
If you have an account that was created on a different device, such as a PS3™ system or a computer, you can sign in using that account.
- Sign in to PlayStation®Network on your PS3™ system.
To use the Content Manager application, you must sign in using the same account on your PS3™ system and your PS Vita system.
- On your PS3™ system, close all open applications and select (Users).
- Connect your PS Vita system to the PS3™ system using a USB cable.
- On your PS Vita system, tap (Content Manager) > [Start].
- Tap (PS3™ System).
- Tap either [ PS3™ System → PS Vita System] or [ PS Vita System → PS3™ System].
- Tap [Videos], [Music] or [Photos] to select the kind of content to copy.
- Select the checkboxes of the content you want to copy, and then tap [Copy].
- This is an example for Music:
- You can also copy content using the (Videos), (Music) and (Photos) applications.
- Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation®Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
- Of the video content that is downloaded from PlayStation®Store to the PS3™ system, only SD video content can be copied to the PS Vita system.
- Rental video available on PlayStation®Store is copy-prohibited. Copy-prohibited content can only be moved. If you move the copy-prohibited content, the content is deleted from the source.
- (Age restricted content) can be copied, but parental controls must either be off or set appropriately to play the content at the destination of the copy.
- Some types of content cannot be copied.
- Take care not to infringe the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of others.
Copying the entire folder
When you are managing photos and video in a folder on your PS3™ system, you can copy the entire folder to your PS Vita system. In step 6 of "Copying music, images, and videos to and from a PS3™ system", tap [Cancel] > (Back), and then tap (Folders) > (Options) > [Copy].
- When content is selected from a folder and copied to a PS Vita system, a folder with an identical name will be created.
- An entire folder that was copied to a PS Vita system cannot be copied back to a PS3™ system.