Starting a game
- Insert a PlayStation®Vita card into your system.
The icon for the game appears on the home screen.
- Tap the icon for the game.
The LiveArea™ screen for the game appears.
- Tap [Start] on the gate.
The game starts.
You can only earn trophies on the PS Vita system on which you first start a game. If you play the game on another PS Vita system, you will not be able to earn trophies. If you sign up for Sony Entertainment Network, you can earn trophies on the other PS Vita system.
With the PS Vita card inserted in the PS Vita system that you first used to start the game, sign up, and then start the game. Next, insert the PS Vita card into another PS Vita system on which you want to play the game, and then sign up using the same account. You are recognised as the same player who first started the game, and then you will be able to earn trophies.
Pausing and resuming playing a game
To pause a game and return to the LiveArea™ screen for the game, press the PS button.
To resume playing the game, tap [Continue] on the gate of the LiveArea™ screen for the game.
Quitting a game
To quit a game, press the PS button to return to the game's LiveArea™ screen, and then peel the LiveArea™ screen from the top right.
- After you quit a game, the icon for the game remains on the home screen, even if you remove the PS Vita card. Without the PS Vita card inserted, if you tap the icon for the game, the LiveArea™ screen opens but you cannot start the game. To start the game, you must insert the PS Vita card.
- If you want to remove the icon for the game from the home screen, touch and hold the home screen to enter edit mode, in which you can delete the icon. Be aware that, when the icon is deleted, all the data for the game is deleted.
Using saved data
Two types of games are stored on PS Vita cards. One type saves data on the PS Vita card and the other type saves data on the memory card for the PS Vita system. To determine which is the case for a specific game, see the software manual for the game.
- The saved data is saved with the application data (game data).
- For a game that saves data on a memory card, you can use (Content Manager) to copy or back up application data (including saved data) to a different device, such as a PS3™ system or computer.
- For a game that saves data on a PS Vita card, you cannot copy or back up the application data (including saved data). As a PlayStation®Plus member, you can copy and back up data to PlayStation®Network servers (Online Storage).