Playing a game downloaded using a PS3™ system and copied to your PS Vita system
You can use a PS3™ system to download a game from (PlayStation®Store), and then copy the game to your PS Vita system.
- To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your PS Vita system.
- To copy games to your PS Vita system, a memory card for the PlayStation®Vita system must be inserted in your PS Vita system.
- For details about (PlayStation®Store) for the PS3™ system, see the user's guide for the PS3™ system.
Copying a game
Use (Content Manager) to copy the game application from the PS3™ system to your PS Vita system. For details, see "Copying and deleting games and other applications using a PS3™ system".
When copying is complete, the game icon appears on the home screen.
- You can only copy games that have been downloaded from (PlayStation®Store) to the PS3™ system but have not been installed.
On the PS3™ system, games that can be copied to the PS Vita system are displayed as (Data downloaded to the hard disk) under (Game).
- If a game is already installed on the PS3™ system, download it again from PlayStation®Store, and then copy it to your PS Vita system before installing it on your PS3™ system.
On the PS3™ system, games that can be downloaded again are listed when you select Download List in (PlayStation®Store). Check that (Data downloaded to the hard disk) appears for the game, and then copy it.
- An alternative to downloading a game using a PS3™ system and then copying it to your PS Vita system is to download the game directly using your PS Vita system.
Tap (PS Store) > [Start] > (Options) > [Download List]. Select the game that you want to download, and then tap [Download].
- Some games cannot be copied from the PS3™ system to your PS Vita system, or cannot be downloaded using your PS Vita system.
Playing a copied game
The basic operations are the same as those for a game on PlayStation®Vita card. For details, see "Playing a game on a PlayStation®Vita card".
While playing PSP™Game software or PlayStation® format software, you can configure settings such as those for the controller. You can also set the screen display method. For details, see "Playing a game for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system on your PS Vita system" and "Playing PlayStation® format software on your PS Vita system".