You can purchase and download games, game add-ons, videos and other content from PlayStation®Store. You can also rent videos and download the latest free trial versions of games and promotional videos.
- To use (PS Store), you must have a Sony Entertainment Network account.
You can browse the content of PlayStation®Store without signing up for an account on your PS Vita system. However, you must be signed up for an account on your PS Vita system to download content. To download content from PlayStation®Store, follow the on-screen instructions to sign up.
- PlayStation®Network and PlayStation®Store are only available in certain countries and regions, and in certain languages. Also, the types of content and services provided by PlayStation®Store and the specific content available vary by country and region. Contact customer support in your country or region for details.
- You can only download content from PlayStation®Store for the country or region where your account is registered.
- To download content, a memory card for the PS Vita system must be inserted in your PS Vita system.
- Some downloads require that your PS Vita system is connected to the Internet using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Depending on the content, you might need to join PlayStation®Plus to purchase or to download.
- On the details screen of the content that you want to download, tap [Buy Now] or [Download], [Get Now] or [Rent Now].
If you tap [Download] or [Get Now], downloading begins.
If you tap [Buy Now] or [Rent Now], a purchase confirmation screen appears.
- Confirm the displayed information and tap [Confirm Purchase].
- When the purchase is completed, downloading starts automatically.
To check the progress of downloading or installation, press the PS button and tap the notification indicator in the upper right corner of the screen.
For details about making a payment for and downloading pre-ordered content, refer to the information provided in PlayStation®Store.
- You can set your PS Vita system so that a password is required at the time of purchase, before the purchase confirmation screen appears. The password is your account password. Tap (Options) > [Transaction Management] > [Security], and then tap the [Require password at checkout] checkbox to set a checkmark.
- Your PS Vita system is activated automatically when you purchase or download content. The number of devices that can be activated for your account is limited and differs for each content type. If the purchase or download would exceed the activation limit for the content type, a message appears and you cannot purchase or download the content. To purchase or download this content type on your PS Vita system, you must first deactivate a different device that is linked to your account and is activated. Deactivate the other device using that device, and then try again to purchase or download the content on your PS Vita system.