To watch a video or movie, select it from the list. You can sort the list by name or date.
- A )
- (Index Bar)
Touch the icon to display the index bar and then drag the index bar to find the video or movie you want to watch.
- B )
- Sorting menu
To change the sorting of a list, tap the menu and select the sorting you want to use.
- If you connect your PS Vita system to a different device, such as a PS3™ system or a computer, the connected device appears in the list of categories. To play videos or movies, copy them to your PS Vita system. Tap (Options) > [Copy] to copy videos or movies.*
- Limited to types of files that can be played on the PS Vita system.
- If you are managing content in folders on the connected device, you can copy entire folders to your PS Vita system. For details on copying folders, see "Content Manager".
- You cannot use the index bar to find items on the connected device.
- When (Age restricted content) appears next to a video, the parental control level on your PS Vita system prevents you from watching the video.
Tap a video to watch it.
Controls such as the operation buttons are hidden automatically after a few seconds. Tap the screen again to display the controls.
- A )
- (Scene Search)
Use Scene Search to find a specific scene in a video. Tap the Scene Search icon to display thumbnails for chapters and time intervals. Flick the scene thumbnails to find the scene you want to watch, and then tap the thumbnail to play the scene.
Tap (Down) and (Up) to change the scene-search interval.
- B )
- Progress bar
Tap the desired location on the progress bar, or drag the knob to that location.
- C )
- (Previous (Return to Beginning)) / (Next) / (1.5x playback) / (1.0x playback) / (Play) / (Pause) / (Instant Replay) / (Instant Advance)
Tap the icons to control video playback.
Tap (Previous (Return to Beginning)) to move to a previous chapter, and tap (Next) to move to a next chapter. If the video does not have chapter information, tapping (Previous (Return to Beginning)) resets the video currently playing to the beginning. Tapping (Next) selects the next video.
(1.5x playback) changes playback speed to 1.5x. To change playback speed back to normal speed, tap (1.0x playback).
Tap (Instant Replay) or (Instant Advance) to move to a place 15 seconds back or forward in the video.
- (1.5x playback) is not supported for video with 1080 resolution.
- Video creators control which video playback controls can be used at which times. For this reason, some of the controls on the control panel might not function at all times.
Controlling with the buttons on the PS Vita system
|Play / Pause||Press the button|
|Fast-rewind / Fast-forward||Press the button or button
You can switch between three levels of speed every time you press the button. If you hold down the button, you can fast-rewind or fast-forward until the button is released.
|Previous (Return to Beginning) / Next||Press the L button or R button
You must tap the (Options) > [Settings] > [Skip with L/R buttons] checkbox to set a checkmark to enable the setting.
|Playback speed change||
Press the button or button
|Scene search||Press the button
On the screen where you select a scene, you can change the scene-search interval, in which thumbnails are displayed, with the button and button. Select the scene you want to watch with the button or button.
- For operations controlled by the directional buttons, you can use the left stick instead.
- To enable operation with some buttons, you must tap (Settings) > [Start] > [System] > [Control with Buttons on PS Vita System] to set a checkmark.
- Playback speed over 1.1x is not supported for video with 1080 resolution.
You can rename copied folders on your PS Vita system.
Tap (Folders) in the list of categories, then tap the folder you want to rename. Tap (Options) > [Edit Name] to rename.