ANY AND ALL OF YOUR ACTIVITY AND COMMUNICATION IN PlayStation®Home MAY BE MONITORED AND RECORDED WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. THE DATA COLLECTED MAY BE USED TO ENSURE YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY BE PASSED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU CONSENT TO THIS. FURTHER DETAILS BELOW.
- You must be 16 years or older and a PSN Account Holder to participate in PlayStation®Home.
- You must at all times act lawfully and with respect towards other users. We are not responsible for the behaviour of other users but please let us know if you become aware of any unlawful or inappropriate behaviour in PlayStation®Home.
- PlayStation®Home is in beta. From time to time during the beta we may modify PlayStation®Home and related content, services and software automatically and without notice. Modifications may cause loss of data or content and loss of function or utility. You hereby authorise us to make all such modifications and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable for any loss of data, content, function or utility.
- PlayStation®Home may include tools, such as the ability to communicate with other users and to post, stream or transmit pictures, photographs, game-related materials, music, home video content and other information in some areas of PlayStation®Home (“User Material”).
When using these tools, you must comply with the Terms of Service. In particular, do not use offensive or vulgar language, images, or sounds in any area of PlayStation®Home or in any communication to other users. This includes speech that is racially, ethnically, or religiously offensive, defamation, threats, bullying and stalking. Also, do not use the community tools to access, use or distribute any content or material that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated, to abuse or harass other users, or to conduct any activities that violate any applicable laws. PlayStation®Home is an international environment which enables you to communicate with individuals in your own and other countries. Information provided by you in PlayStation®Home may be viewed by individuals in countries that may not offer the same protection for personal data as is provided in your country.
We may provide you with content to use in the creation of User Material. User Material created by you will belong to you, although any content provided by us will still belong to us or our licensors as explained in the Terms of Service.
You authorise us, our affiliated companies and other PSN users, to use, distribute, copy, modify, display, and publish your User Material throughout PSN and other associated services. You also authorise us and our affiliated companies, without payment to you, to license, sell and otherwise commercially exploit your User Material (for example, selling subscriptions to access User Material and/or receiving advertising revenue related to User Material), and to use your User Material in the promotion of PlayStation products and services. You must not commercially exploit User Material without our consent. You waive any moral rights you may have in your User Material. By posting, streaming or transmitting User Material you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to use, post, stream and transmit such User Material and to grant the rights set out in this paragraph.
- You agree that your suggestions for improvements, enhancements and other changes to PlayStation®Home, and our other products and services, may be implemented by us, in whole or in part, without any payment or other compensation to you or anyone else. If your suggestions are not your own original ideas, please do not submit them.
Version 1 (11 December 2008)