Using Remote Play
Control your PS4™ system remotely with Remote Play. For example, you can play games for a PS4™ system from a computer in another room, or from your smartphone while you’re away from home.
Use Remote Play on any of the following devices:
- PS Vita system
- PlayStation®TV system
- Computer (Windows PC or Mac)
- Android™ smartphone or tablet
- iPhone or iPad
- Some games do not support Remote Play.
- Before trying to connect remotely from outside your home, check that your device connects properly while you are near your PS4™ system.
- A high-speed Wi-Fi network is required to connect from a mobile device. Generally, a minimum upstream and downstream connection speed of 5 Mbps is recommended.
- Always update your PS4™ system software and applications to the latest versions.
- Remote Play might be unavailable depending on the situation. For details, see Limitations.
Install (PS4 Remote Play) on your computer. For details on how to connect, visit the following website.
Steps 1 and 2 are necessary only when connecting for the first time.
- Download (PS4 Remote Play) from Google Play™ or the App Store.
- Configure your PS4™ system settings to the following:
- Select (Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then select the checkbox for [Enable Remote Play].
- Select (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
- To enable Remote Play to start while your PS4™ system is in rest mode, select (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode], and then select the checkboxes for [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning On PS4 from Network].
- Turn on your PS4™ system or put it in rest mode.
- Launch (PS4 Remote Play) on your device, and then select [Start].
Your device searches for the registered PS4™ system. When your device connects successfully, the PS4™ system screen appears on your device. If the sign-in screen is displayed, sign in to the same account for PlayStation™Network that is signed in to your PS4™ system.
If your PS4™ system cannot be found, you must manually register your device on the system. Connect your device and your PS4™ system to the same network, and then follow the on-screen instructions on your device.
- Remote Play is not available when your PS4™ system is being used for the following:
- When you’re broadcasting or using Share Play
- When another user is broadcasting or using Remote Play or Share Play
- When a Blu-ray Disc™ video or DVD video is playing.
- The following limitations apply during Remote Play.
- Broadcasting gameplay and Share Play are not available.
- Blu-ray Disc™ videos and DVD videos cannot be played.
- Music from Spotify® cannot be played.
- Some or all video content might not be displayed on your device depending on the game or video service.