Using Chat Transcription
While in a party, you can use (PS4 Second Screen) for the following:
- Display your party’s voice chat as text on your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Enter text on your smartphone or other mobile device to be read aloud to the other party members.
These features are available on PS4™ systems sold only in certain countries or regions, and support only English.
Download (PS4 Second Screen) from Google Play™ or the App Store on your smartphone or other mobile device, and then register your device on your PS4™ system. For details on how to register, see "Mobile App Connection Settings".
Starting Chat Transcription
While in a party do the following on your smartphone or other mobile device.
- Connect to the same network as your PS4™ system.
- Start (PS4 Second Screen).
If your device is registered on multiple PS4™ systems, select the one you want to connect to.
- Select (Second Screen).
- Select (Party).
When another party member speaks, the screen displays the speech as text. If you enter text and press the [Send] button, the PS4™ system reads the text aloud to other players.
- You can select the type of voice that the PS4™ system speaks to other players in the party under (Settings) > [Voice Type (PS4)].
- When multiple players join a party on one PS4™ system, only the voice of the first player to join the party converts to text.