Linking an account via a PS3™ system
Even if you do not have Wi-Fi at home or at another location, you can still link an existing Sony Entertainment Network account by connecting your system to a PS3™ system that is connected to the Internet.
You can connect your system to a PS3™ system that is signed in to PlayStation™Network and link the account that is linked to the PS3™ system with your system.
- Sign in to PlayStation™Network on the PS3™ system.
- On the PS3™ system, close all open applications, and then select (Users).
- Connect your system and the PS3™ system using a USB cable.
- On your system, select (Content Manager) > [Copy Content].
- When the sign-in ID used on the PS3™ system is displayed, ｓelect [Use].
- Enter the password for the account used on the PS3™ system, and then select [OK].
The account is linked to your system and your sign-in ID and password are saved on your system.
- You remain signed in to PlayStation™Network unless, for example, you sign out manually. This gives you easier access to the online features.
- If your system cannot connect to a network, then your system might sign you out.