Use (Messages) to exchange messages with Friends and other players. You can group people together, making it easy to exchange messages with multiple players at the same time.
- You can also exchange messages from your PS5™ console or (PlayStation App).
- A child who is restricted by parental controls might not be able to send or receive messages.
Creating a new group and sending a message
- Select (Messages) from the function screen.
- Select [Create Message].
- Select a group member.
For details, see "Selecting another player".
- Enter a message, and then select [Send].
When a group is created of three or more people, the player that created the group becomes the group owner. The group owner can remove members from the group.
Sending a message to an existing group
Select (Messages) from the function screen, and then select a group from the list.
- A )
You can also view this information in (Notifications) from the function screen.
- B )
- (Error indicator)
This indicator appears when the message has not been sent.
- C )
- To add groups to your Favourites for easy communication, press the OPTIONS button and select [Add to Favourites].
- To stop receiving notifications for a group, press the OPTIONS button and then select [Turn Notifications Off].
- You can specify up to 99 players per group.
- You can enter up to 512 characters in a message.
- You can limit the players who can add you to groups. For details, see "Privacy Settings".
Leaving a group
Select the group that you want to leave, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Leave]. After you leave the group, you'll no longer be able to view messages for that group.