Your system uses the following types of card media:
Memory card for the PS Vita system
This is a memory card for use with PS Vita or PS TV. This card may be required to save games downloaded from PlayStation®Store, and to store saved data from games, add-on data, and your photos, music, or other content.
- You cannot use Memory Stick™ media such as the Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™) on your system.
- Insert or remove the memory card only when the power is off. Inserting or removing the memory card while the power is on, including when your system is in standby mode, can cause data corruption or loss.
- After you sign up for PlayStation™Network and insert a memory card into your system, the memory card will be linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account. You can only use that memory card on systems that are linked to the same account.
The PS Vita card is designed specifically for storing PlayStation®Vita format software (games and other applications) for use on your system. For some games, the PS Vita card can also store saved data and add-on data.
A region code is assigned to each PS Vita card according to the country or region in which the PS Vita card is sold.
- You cannot use UMD™ (such as those used for games and videos) on your system.
- Removing the PS Vita card or turning off the power when the PS Vita card access indicator is blinking can cause data corruption or loss.
SIM card (only for 3G/Wi-Fi models)
On 3G/Wi-Fi models, you need a SIM card to access a mobile network.
Insert or remove the SIM card only when the power is off. Inserting or removing the SIM card while the power is on, including when your system is in standby mode, can cause data corruption or loss.