Turning your system on and off (PCH-2000 series)
Turning the power on
Press and hold the power button for two seconds. When your system is turned on, the power indicator lights up green.
- When turning on your system for the first time, press and hold the power button for five seconds.
- When you press and hold the power button for five seconds and the power indicator blinks in orange, the battery charge is too low to turn on your system. If you charge your system for about 30 minutes, it can be turned on.
Putting your system into standby mode
You can put your system into standby mode by pressing the power button. When the power button is pressed, the screen (touchscreen) is turned off, the power indicator blinks in green, and your system enters standby mode.
To exit standby mode, press the power button or the PS button.
- When your system is in standby mode, network features remain enabled. The notification indicator blinks slowly in blue when there are new notifications, such as those generated when messages arrive.
- With the default setting, when your system is idle for three minutes, it automatically enters standby mode. However, your system does not enter standby mode automatically in some cases, depending on the status of the application. For example, when you are viewing a slideshow or video, your system does not enter standby mode.
- When your system is in standby mode and an application or feature that supports auto-start is activated, the power indicator lights up or blinks in green.
Turning the power off completely
Press and hold the power button for two seconds and then select [Power Off] on the screen that appears. Your system turns off after the power indicator blinks in green.
When your system is not operating correctly
If [Power Off] is not displayed even when you press and hold the power button for 2 seconds, or if your system is not operating correctly, you might be able to solve the problem by using safe mode.
Safe mode allows your system to operate with limited functionality. To start safe mode, press and hold the power button until the safe mode menu appears.
Use your system's buttons to operate the menu. If you press and hold the power button for more than 30 seconds and your system still does not start in safe mode, the battery charge might be too low. In this case, charge your system using the supplied AC adaptor.