Important consumer notices
- Equipped features vary depending on the model of the PS3™ system. For details, refer to the documentation supplied with your system.
- PlayStation®2 format discs and Super Audio CDs are playable only on some models. For details, refer to [Types of Playable Discs].
- Use of the PS3™ system and its functionalities is governed by various user agreements which may be modified from time to time. Visit the SCE Web site for your region for the latest copies of these agreements and for any up to date changes to any terms and conditions related to the PS3™ system, including changes to any documentation, user's guides, or manuals.
- To use PlayStation™Network features, you must have the latest version of the system software installed on your system.
- PSNSM and (PlayStation®Store) are only available in certain countries / regions and languages. For details, contact the technical support line for your region.
- Before giving your PS3™ system to an authorized service, be sure to clear the [Save Password] checkbox on the sign-in screen for PSNSM. This will help prevent unauthorized access to or use of your credit card or other personal details. For instructions on how to clear the [Save Password] option, see (PlayStation™Network) > [Saving your password / Signing in automatically] in this guide. If multiple Users on your system have signed up for PSNSM, you must log in as each User under (Users) and clear the [Save Password] checkbox.
- Before giving your PS3™ system to a third party for any reason including return (where permitted), be sure to delete all the data and restore the default settings on the PS3™ system. This will help prevent unauthorised access to or use of your credit card or other personal details. You can delete all the data and restore the default settings on your system by selecting [Restore PS3™ System] under (Settings) > (System Settings).
- User is responsible for Internet service fees.
- A broadband connection is required to access the Internet. Note that dial-up connectivity is not supported.
- Some PlayStation® / PlayStation®2 peripherals such as the analog controller (DUALSHOCK™ / DUALSHOCK™2) may not be compatible with the PS3™ system. For details, contact the technical support line for your region.
- The HOME button on PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) systems of the PSP-1000 / PSP-2000 series and the PS button on PSP™ systems of the PSP-3000 / PSP-N1000 series perform the same function.
- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. owns or administers some or all of the rights to the images and other copyrighted content in this manual. Use of the images and other copyrighted content (including copying, reproducing, modifying, uploading on a network, displaying, transmitting, distributing, licensing, selling, and publishing) except as used herein, is prohibited to the extent allowed by law.
- This guide is subject to change without notice.
- The Web sites used in screen images throughout this guide may be fictitious and may not be actual sites.
- For details about the "Install Other OS" feature, see (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Install Other OS] in the User's Guide (system software version 3.10 - 3.15).
For customers in the USA and Canada
To avoid possible damage to the system or to a connected TV or component, the AC power cord must be plugged into a polarized, three-prong electrical outlet that is properly wired and grounded. Any TV or component connected to the system must be functioning properly and free of defects. If a TV or component connected to the system is faulty or defective, it may cause damage to the TV or component, or to the system itself. As with all electrical products, connection to faulty or defective components, or the failure to connect to a properly wired outlet, may cause sparking and pose a fire hazard.
For customers within the European Union:
Energy efficiency: For information based on the EU Ecodesign requirements of the Regulation (EU) No 801/2013 and also the European Union Self-Regulatory Initiative to further improve the energy efficiency of Games Consoles (recognised under COM(2015) 178 final report of the European Commission), visit the following URL: eu.playstation.com/Energyefficiency