Operating the system with your voice
You can use your voice to perform operations on the home screen and other areas. For voice input, use an accessory such as a headset (included), or the microphones on a PlayStation®Camera.
The microphone icon and the operations that can be performed next are displayed. The microphone icon lights up in blue during voice recognition.
- Choose the operation you want to perform from the items that are displayed, and then say it.
- If you don't say an operation within 10 seconds or if you operate the system with the controller, the voice recognition feature is disabled.
- On the home screen, you can enable and disable the voice recognition feature with the L2 button on the controller.
- Even if you are playing a game, you can say "PlayStation" and then say one of the following commands to perform operations.
- Home Screen
- Take Screenshot
- Log In
- To use the voice recognition feature, you must set a checkmark in (Settings) > [System] > [Operate PS4 with Voice].
- If a headset and a PlayStation®Camera are both connected to the system, only the headset's microphone is enabled.
- Depending on the system language, English might be the only language available for voice input.
- If there is too much ambient noise, your voice might not be recognized.
- For details on accessories that support voice input, contact customer support in your country or region.