Operating the system with your voice
You can use your voice to perform operations on the home screen and other areas. For voice input, use an accessory such as a headset (included), or the microphones on a PlayStation®Camera.
The microphone icon and the operations that can be performed next are displayed. The microphone icon lights up in blue during voice recognition.
- Choose the operation you want to perform from the items that are displayed, and then say it.
- If you don't say an operation within 10 seconds or if you operate the system with the controller, the voice recognition feature is disabled. An indicator showing the time remaining is displayed on the left side of the microphone.
- Depending on the screen, you can enable and disable the voice recognition feature with the L2 button on the controller.
- To use the voice recognition feature, you must set a checkmark in (Settings) > [System] > [Voice Operation Settings] > [Operate PS4 with Voice].
- To view a list of voice commands, select (Settings) > [System] > [Voice Operation Settings] > [Commands for Voice Operation].
- Depending on the system language, English might be the only language available for voice input.
- If there is too much ambient noise, your voice might not be recognized.
- For details on devices that support voice input, contact customer support in your country or region.