Controlling your system with voice recognition
You can use your voice to control your PS4™ system from the home screen and other areas. To use voice commands, you'll need a headset, or you can use the microphones on your PlayStation®Camera.
The microphone icon and available commands will appear. The microphone icon is blue during voice recognition.
- Say the name of an available command.
- If you don't say a command within 10 seconds or if you operate the system with the controller, the voice recognition feature is disabled. An indicator showing the remaining time appears on the left side of the microphone.
- Depending on the screen, you can use the L2 button on the controller to enable and disable the voice recognition feature.
- To use the voice recognition feature, select (Settings) > [System] > [Voice Operation Settings], and then select the checkbox for [Operate PS4 with Voice].
- To view a list of voice commands, select (Settings) > [System] > [Voice Operation Settings] > [Commands for Voice Operation].
- Depending on the system language, English might be the only language available for voice input.
- If there is too much ambient noise, your voice might not be recognized.
- For details on devices that support voice input, visit the customer support website for your country or region.