You can adjust settings for when you log in. Select [Users] > [Login Settings].
Log In to PS4 Automatically
To automatically log in to the PS4™ system when you turn it on, set a checkmark in the checkbox for this setting. If there are multiple users registered to the PS4™ system, the last user who enables this setting will be automatically logged in. When you want to log in as another user, you must first log out as the current user.
Enable Face Recognition
You can log in to the PS4™ system with face data added using a PlayStation®Camera. To enable this feature, set a checkmark in the checkbox for this setting. When logging in, the camera recognizes your face.
Face Data Management
You can register, update, or delete your face data.
- When adding face data or logging in to the system by using face data, follow these guidelines.
- Brighten your room.
- Reduce backlighting (the brightness behind you).
- If the light from the windows is too strong, close the curtains and use interior lighting.
- Move about 2 m (6 ft) away from the PlayStation®Camera.
- Arrange your hair so that it does not come in contact with your eyebrows.
- Peel off the protective film from the lenses.
- If the lenses are dirty or have fingerprints on them, clean them with a soft cloth.
- If the camera cannot correctly recognize your face, select [Add Face Data], and then add your face data again.
You can prevent use of the PS4™ system by other users or third parties by registering a passcode. Passcodes can be registered separately for each user. You can also change or delete passcodes. After you register a passcode for a user, you must enter the passcode when logging in to the PS4™ system as that user.
- This item is displayed after you have signed in to PlayStation™Network once.
- This passcode is separate from the passcode for parental control.