Turning your system on and off (PCH-1000 series)
Turning the power on
Press and hold the power button for two seconds. When the system is turned on, the PS button lights up blue.
- When turning on your system for the first time, press and hold the power button for five seconds.
- If your system does not turn on even when you press and hold the power button, the battery charge might be too low to turn on the system. Use the AC adaptor to charge your system, and then try turning on the system again.
Putting your system into standby mode
You can put your system into standby mode by pressing the power button. When the power button is pressed, the screen (touchscreen) is turned off, the PS button blinks in blue, and the system enters standby mode.
To exit standby mode, press the power button or the PS button.
- When your system is in standby mode, network features remain enabled. The PS button blinks slowly in blue when there are new notifications, such as those generated when messages arrive.
- With the default setting, when your system is idle for three minutes, it automatically enters standby mode. However, your system does not enter standby mode automatically in some cases, depending on the status of the application. For example, when you are viewing a slideshow or video, your system does not enter standby mode.
- When your system is in either of the following states while it is in standby mode, the PS button either lights up blue or blinks in blue:
- Applications or features for which the auto-start setting is enabled have started automatically.
- Power is being supplied to the system by a USB device such as a computer.
Turning off the power completely
Press and hold the power button for two seconds and then select [Power Off] on the screen that appears.
When your system is not operating correctly
If [Power Off] is not displayed even when you press and hold the power button for 2 seconds, or if your system is not operating correctly, you might be able to solve the problem by using safe mode. Safe mode allows your system to operate with limited functionality. To start safe mode, press and hold the power button until the safe mode menu appears.
Use your system's buttons to operate the menu. When you press and hold the power button for more than 30 seconds and your system still does not start in safe mode, the battery charge might be too low to turn on your system. In this case, charge your system using the included AC adaptor.