Send a friend request (a request to be added as a friend) to the person you want to become friends with. If that person accepts your request, you and your new friend are added to each other's friends lists.
To use this feature, you must be signed up for Sony Entertainment Network on your PS Vita system.
- A )
- Your own information
- B )
- Number of current friend requests
- C )
- Information for friends
- D )
- Waiting for a friend request to be accepted
When you and a friend are added to each other's friends lists, you can exchange information and communicate with each other in the following PS Vita system applications:
- (Group Messaging)
- Can only be used when the friend is using a PS Vita system.
- Available features differ depending on the game.
You can also become friends with someone using a PS3™ system. If a single account is used on both a PS3™ and a PS Vita system, the friend request will be sent to both devices.
Sending a friend request
To send a friend request to someone, you need that person's online ID. Ask the person for his or her online ID.
- When viewing your friends list, tap (Options) > [Send Friend Request].
- Enter a comment and the online ID of the person you want to send the friend request to, and then tap [Send].
Your friend request is sent and that person's avatar and online ID are displayed in your friends list.
- When you write a comment to a friend request, the comment disappears 30 days after the friend request was made.
- You can also send a friend request from (Shared Play History), which appears on the profile screen.
- Depending on the privacy settings of the person you want to add as a friend, you might not be able to send a friend request.
- If the person refuses your friend request, the information for that person is removed from your friends list.
Accepting a friend request
If you receive a friend request and decide to accept it, tap [Friend Requests] on your friends list, and then tap [Accept] for the person in the list of people that appears.
When you accept a friend request from someone, you are added to each other's friends lists.
When you receive a comment, tap [Open] to display a screen, and then tap [Allow].
Refusing a friend request
- On the Friend Requests screen, tap the person whose request you want to refuse.
- On that person's profile screen, tap [Delete Request].
- When you refuse a friend request from someone, you are not added to each other's friends lists. You and the other person can still send and receive messages.
- When you receive a comment, tap [Open] to display a screen, and then tap [Delete Request].
- When you receive a comment, tap (Options) > [Submit Grief Report] on the profile screen to report inappropriate messages.
- To delete all friend requests at once, tap (Options) > [Delete All] on the Friend Requests screen.
Adding someone to your block list
You can add users with whom you do not want to communicate to your block list. Messages from people on the block list will not be received. Also, people on the block list will not be able to see your activities and friends list. To add someone to your block list, on the person's profile screen, tap (Options) > [Block].
To remove someone from your block list, on the person's profile screen, tap (Options) > [Unblock].