Top > Important consumer notices
Important consumer notices
- The features available on your system vary depending on the model. For details, refer to the documentation supplied with your system.
- Use of your system and its features is governed by various user agreements that might be modified from time to time. Visit the SCE website for your region for the latest copies of these agreements, up-to-date terms and conditions for your system, and changes to the User's Guide and other documentation.
- Always update your system to the latest version of the system software. By updating, you can enjoy additional features, improved usability, and enhanced security.
- Always use the latest version of the system software or applications on the device that is connected to your system. For example, update the system software or application of the connected PlayStation®4 system, PlayStation®3 system, PlayStation®TV system, nasne™, or smartphone with PlayStation®App installed. When features are being used across connected devices, some features may not be available depending on the version of the system software or application in use.
Important information for 3G/Wi-Fi model customers
Depending on the specification of the application or feature you are using, your system automatically connects to the Internet and transfers data. This allows you to always have the most up-to-date information and makes your system more convenient to use.
If a usable Wi-Fi access point is available, your system uses a Wi-Fi connection preferentially. If you are out of range of usable Wi-Fi access point, your system uses a mobile network connection. PLEASE NOTE that when data is transferred using a mobile network connection, your data usage allowance is deducted accordingly and you may be charged depending on your data plan.
- The user is responsible for mobile network service fees.
- You can change the settings of some applications and features that start automatically. For details, see "Auto-Start Settings".
- To turn off the mobile network, go to (Settings) > [Start] > [Network] > [Mobile Network Settings] on the home screen, and remove the checkmark from [Mobile Network].
About the User's Guide
- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. owns or administers some or all of the rights to the images and other copyrighted content in this guide. Use of the images and other copyrighted content (including copying, reproducing, modifying, uploading on a network, displaying, transmitting, distributing, licensing, selling, and publishing) except as used herein, is prohibited to the extent allowed by law.
- This guide is subject to change without notice.
- Information about system functionality and images published in this User's Guide might vary from those for your system, depending on the system software version in use. Also, the illustrations and screen images might vary from the actual product.
- The websites used in screen images throughout this guide might be fictitious instead of being actual websites.
- PlayStation®TV is sold as PlayStation®Vita TV in some countries and regions. Systems with either name are referred to as "PS TV" in the user's guide.