Top > Important consumer notices
Important consumer notices
- The features available on your system vary depending on the model. For details, refer to the documentation supplied with your system.
- Use of your system and its features is governed by various user agreements that might be modified from time to time. Visit the SCE website for your region for the latest copies of these agreements, up-to-date terms and conditions for your system, and changes to the User's Guide and other documentation.
- To use PSNSM features, your system must have the latest version of the system software installed.
Important information for 3G/Wi-Fi model customers
Depending on the specification of the application or feature you are using, your system automatically connects to the Internet and transfers data. This allows you to always have the most up-to-date information and makes your system more convenient to use.
If a usable Wi-Fi access point is available, your system uses a Wi-Fi connection preferentially. If you are out of range of usable Wi-Fi access point, your system uses a mobile network connection. PLEASE NOTE that when data is transferred using a mobile network connection, your data usage allowance is deducted accordingly and you may be charged depending on your data plan.
[Auto-Start Settings] for individual applications and features
On your system, you can change the settings of some applications and features that start automatically. Select (Settings) > [Start] > [System] > [Auto-Start Settings] on the home screen, and remove the checkmark for those applications or features you want to disable from the Auto-Start Settings.
- PLEASE NOTE even if you disable [Auto-Start Settings], this will not disable all forms of automatic data transfer.
- When automatic data transfers are disabled for an application or feature in this way, automatic Wi-Fi data transfers are also disabled for the application or feature.
Turning off the mobile network function
Use the following settings to disable mobile network data transfer on your system. This setting will not affect Wi-Fi data transfer.
Select (Settings) > [Start] > [Network] > [Mobile Network Settings] on the home screen, and remove the checkmark from [Mobile Network].