You can take photos and videos with both the front camera and the rear camera.
- A )
- (Viewing Mode)
Tap the icon to switch to viewing mode, where you can browse and view photos and other images.
- B )
- (Switch Image Size)
- C )
- Photo or video taken most recently
Tap the thumbnail to switch to viewing mode and view the photo or video on the full screen.
- D )
- (Location Data) / (Switch Cameras)
The (Location Data) is displayed when the setting for using location data on your PS Vita system is turned on. Tap (Location Data) to obtain the location data. Your PS Vita system finds your location using Wi-Fi access points, GPS satellites* and cell phone base stations*. When your system finds your location, the location data icon turns green (). When you take a photo, your location is added to information stored in the photo file.
- Only used on 3G/Wi-Fi models
- E )
- (Photo Mode) / (Video Mode)
- F )
- (Shutter) / (Record Video) / (Stop Recording)
In photo mode, (Shutter) is displayed. Tap the icon to take a photo.
In video mode, (Record Video) or (Stop Recording) is displayed. Tap the icon to start or stop recording.
You can also use the R button on the PS Vita system to take photos, or start and stop recording video.
- You can hide controls such as the operation buttons by tapping the screen. Tap the screen again to display the controls.
- You can turn the use of location data off or on in (Settings) > [Start] > [Location Data] > [Use Location Data].
- (Switch Image Size) and (Location Data) are not displayed while you are recording a video.
- Each video can be up to 30 minutes in duration.
- You cannot raise, lower, mute or change the shutter sound.