The first time you use (PS4 Link), you must register (pair) a PS4™ system with your system.
The number of PS4™ systems you can register with your system is limited.
- You can register 1 PS4™ system with your system for remote play.
- You can register up to 10 PS4™ systems with your system for use with the second screen feature. If you try to register more than 10 for use with the second screen feature, the PS4™ system that you have not connected to for the longest time will be automatically removed from the list.
Registering (pairing) a device
Connect your system and the PS4™ system directly using Wi-Fi, or connect them through a wireless access point to register a device.
Before performing these procedures, you must do the following:
- Link the PS4™ system and your system to the same Sony Entertainment Network account.
If your account was created on a different device, such as a PS3™ system or a computer, you can sign in using that account.
- If you are connecting the systems directly using Wi-Fi, select (Settings) > [PS Vita Connection Settings] from the PS4™ system's function screen, and then select the [Connect Directly with PS Vita] checkbox to set a checkmark.
- If you are connecting the systems using a wireless access point, the systems must be connected to the same network.
- On the PS4™ system's function screen, select (Settings) > [PS Vita Connection Settings] > [Add Device].
A number appears on the screen.
- On your system, select (PS4 Link) > [Start], and then select [Remote Play] or [Second Screen].
- Enter the number displayed on the PS4™ system's screen, and then select [Register].
When registration is complete, the PS4™ system's screen is displayed on your system.