You may be able to play remotely on your home PS4™ system from your PS Vita system via the Internet.
Preparing for first-time use
The first time you use (PS4 Link), you must register (pair) a PS4™ system on your system. You cannot perform device registration while away from your home PS4™ system. For details, see "Registering a device".
To use remote play via the Internet from outside your home, you must first prepare the PS4™ and PS Vita systems.
- When using an access point provided by a commercial or public Wi-Fi service, or by a private wireless network, set up your system so that it can connect to that access point .
- Turn on the PS4™ system.
- On the PS4™ system's function screen , select (Settings) > [PSNSM] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
On your system, select (PS4 Link) > [Start] > [Remote Play]. When the devices connect successfully, the PS4™ system screen appears on your system.
- On the PS4™ system's function screen, you must select (Settings) > [PS Vita Connection Settings], and then select the [Enable Remote Play] checkbox to set a checkmark.
- If you enable remote start on the PS4™ system, you can use remote play to wake the PS4™ system from standby mode. On the PS4™system's function screen, select (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Standby Mode], and then select both [Connect to the Internet] and [Enable Turning On PS4 from Network] to set checkmarks.
- In some network environments, the remote play connection might become unstable.
Using remote play via the Internet
You may not be able to use remote play via the Internet depending on your network connection. If this occurs, the following reference information might help you make a connection.
- On the PS4™ system's function screen, select (Settings) > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection], and then confirm that you are able to connect to both the Internet and PSNSM.
- If your router supports UPnP, enable it on the router.
- If your router does not support UPnP, you must adjust the router's port forwarding setting to allow communication to the PS4™ system from the Internet. The port numbers that are used by remote play are 9295 (for TCP), and 9296 and 9297 (for UDP). If these ports are unavailable, it might be possible to use ports 9295~9304 (for TCP and UDP). For information about these settings, refer to the instructions supplied with your router.
- If the PS4™ system is connected to the Internet via two or more routers, communication may not work correctly.
- A router is a device that allows multiple devices to share a single Internet line.
Communication might be restricted depending on the security functions provided by your router or Internet service provider. Refer to the instructions supplied with the network device in use, and information from your Internet service provider.
- Port forwarding is a function for forwarding signals that arrive at a specific port (entrance) to another specified port (exit). This is also referred to as "port mapping" or "address conversion."