Software updates may include security patches, new or revised settings and features and other items, which will change your current operating system. It is recommended that you always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
Before performing a system update, you must set up the Computer (Windows®/Mac) you connect to as described below.
- Connect to the Internet
- Download and install Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation® on the computer.
You can download it from the following website:
- On the computer, check that Content Manager Assistant is installed and started.
Look for the Content Manager Assistant icon in the notification area of the taskbar to verify that the application is running:
Look for the Content Manager Assistant icon in the menu bar to verify that the application is running:
- Connect your system and the computer using a USB cable.
- On your system, select [System Update] > [Update by Connecting to a PC].
The latest update file will be downloaded via the Internet using the computer’s network feature.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for the PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause system malfunction.
- It may not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- The power button and the PS button do not function during the system update process.
- You may not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.