Update by Connecting to a PS3™ System
Software updates may include security patches, new or revised settings and features and other items, which will change your current operating system. It is recommended that you always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
To do a system update, the PS3™ system you are going to connect to must first be put in the following condition:
- The system must be connected to the Internet.
- The system software must be version 4.00 or later.
- All open applications must be closed, and (Users) must be selected.
- Connect your system and the PS3™ system using a USB cable.
- On your system, select [System Update] > [Update by Connecting to a PS3™ System].
The latest update file is downloaded via the Internet using the PS3™ system’s network feature.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for the PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause system malfunction.
- It may not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- The power button and the PS button do not function during the system update process.
- You may not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.