Update by Connecting to a PS3™ System
To do a system update, the PS3™ system you are going to connect to must first be put in the following condition:
- The system must be connected to the Internet.
- All open applications must be closed, and (Users) must be selected.
- Connect your system and the PS3™ system using a USB cable.
- On your system, select [System Update] > [Update by Connecting to a PS3™ System].
The latest update file is downloaded via the Internet using the PS3™ system’s network feature.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for the PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause system malfunction.
- It may not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- The power button and the PS button do not function during the system update process.