Update Using Wi-Fi/Mobile Network
Software updates may include security patches, new or revised settings and features and other items, which will change your current operating system. It is recommended that you always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
Tap [System Update] > [Update Using Wi-Fi/Mobile Network] to connect to the Internet and download the latest update file. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for the PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause system malfunction.
- It may not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- The power button and the PS button do not function during the system update process.
- You may not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.
- Updating the system using a mobile network is not available for Wi-Fi models and some models sold in specific countries and regions. For such models, update your system using Wi-Fi in a location that has an access point you can use.